Target Gender Equality
A global programme focused on local collaboration, driving bold business action to advance gender balance in business and accelerating progress to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
Setting and meeting ambitious corporate targets for women’s representation & leadership
Target Gender Equality is an accelerator programme for companies participating in the United Nations Global Compact to deepen their implementation of the Women’s Empowerment Principles and to strengthen their contribution to Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 5.5 which calls for women’s full participation and equal opportunities for leadership, including in economic life, by 2030.
Through facilitated performance analysis, capacity building workshops, peer-to-peer learning and multi-stakeholder dialogue, Target Gender Equality calls for bold action in setting and reaching ambitious corporate targets for women’s representation and leadership.
This programme is rolled out in Denmark in collaboration with UN Women, Mannaz and BSR.
14th June 2021
(Onboarding webinar: July 6, 14.00-15.30 CET)
(Opportunity to showcase outcomes at Target Gender Equality LIVE event)
- Confidently set ambitious and realistic corporate targets for women’s representation and leadership demonstrating commitment and action to your employees, investors, and other stakeholders
- Engage in accelerated learning opportunities, identify enabling policies and practices, and develop a tailored action plan to support accountability.
- Understand your current gender equality performance through the facilitated use of the Women’s Empowerment Principles Gender Gap Analysis Tool and explore aggregate results with peers to identify common challenges and opportunities.
- Build a network of peers, UN partners and experts to support your gender equality strategy and work collectively to tackle persistent barriers to gender equality.
- Network with colleagues across all regions in an exclusive Target Gender Equality LinkedIn Group.
- Showcase women leaders in your company who are driving contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals.
In order to take part in Target Gender Equality, companies are required to be participants of the UN Global Compact or willing to join, and meet the following criteria:
- Committed to learning about corporate target setting and taking actions to increase women’s representation and leadership in business
- Willing to appoint two representatives to participate in programme activities and events and an executive-level “Ambassador” to follow programme developments, provide support and participate in high-level events
- Currently engaged with a Global Compact Local Network or willing to join if required by the Network
The below programme will be rolled out by UN Global Compact Denmark, complemented further optional regional and global engagement opportunities.
- Performance Analysis and aggregate results discussions through the WEPs Gender Gap Analysis Tool.
- Three capacity building workshops:
– Setting Targets & Defining Ambition
– Strategies for Success
– Measuring & Communicating Progress
- An Action Planning Guide will support participants to apply learnings within their company’s context.
- Learning opportunities through the UN Global Compact Academy.
- Multi-stakeholder Action Dialogues to jointly advocate to raise the bar for gender equality
Global Compact Local Networks in the following countries are participating in Target Gender Equality:
- El Salvador
- Republic of Korea
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America