Target Gender Equality
A global programme focused on local collaboration, driving bold business action to advance gender balance in business and accelerating progress to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
Setting and meeting ambitious corporate targets for women’s representation & leadership
Target Gender Equality (TGE) is an accelerator programme for companies participating in the United Nations Global Compact to deepen their implementation of the Women’s Empowerment Principles and to strengthen their contribution to Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 5.5 which calls for women’s full participation and equal opportunities for leadership, including in economic life, by 2030.
Through facilitated performance analysis, capacity building workshops, peer-to-peer learning and multi-stakeholder dialogue, Target Gender Equality calls for bold action in setting and reaching ambitious corporate targets for women’s representation and leadership.
This programme is rolled out in Denmark in collaboration with UN Women, Mannaz and BSR.
Testimonials from participants in TGE 2021:
“It was great to connect with people at fellow Danish companies. We’re facing similar challenges, so being able to learn about the tangible solutions others are considering or implementing was really helpful.”
Emily D. Clawson, Senior Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Consultant, VELUX
“Key take aways were gained knowledge on how to work with gender inclusive goals, easy to use tools and templates allowing us to comfortably raise our ambition from 30 pct. to 40 pct. women representation on all levels of the organization, including the board level. An extra bonus was that TGE enabled us to focus on diversity, equity and inclusion in a broader perspective”
Mette Ørtoft, Global HSEQ and ESG Manager, RelyOn Nutec
“In Semco Maritime, we are actively using the valuable learnings from the TGE program to set targets and direction for our future efforts within the gender equality agenda. If you want to have a broader knowledge about the topic and be inspired for future actions to ensure progress in your organization, I can highly recommend to participate in the program.”
Thomas Nagbøl Mejlgård, SVP People, Brand & Sustainabiity, Semco Maritime
“Being a participant in the Target Gender Equality Program equipped us as a company with not only a great tool to measure structural inclusion on a yearly basis to track progress, but it gave us insights to how to set in with actions across the entire employee lifecycle, as well as how to ensure business accountability. Sparing with other companies and discussing how to actually target true gender equality across sectors and industries was both value-adding and inspiring.”
Janni Kristensen, BEC Financial Technologies, CSR, Diversity and Inclusion Partner
June 30, 2022
August 26, 12.30-14.00 CET
November 4, 9.30-14.30 CET
December 9, 9.30-14.30 CET
January 20, 9.30-14.30 CET
- Confidently set ambitious and realistic corporate targets for women’s representation and leadership demonstrating commitment and action to your employees, investors, and other stakeholders
- Engage in accelerated learning opportunities, identify enabling policies and practices, and develop a tailored action plan to support accountability.
- Understand your current gender equality performance through the facilitated use of the Women’s Empowerment Principles Gender Gap Analysis Tool and explore aggregate results with peers to identify common challenges and opportunities.
- Build a network of peers, UN partners and experts to support your gender equality strategy and work collectively to tackle persistent barriers to gender equality.
- Network with colleagues across all regions in an exclusive Target Gender Equality LinkedIn Group.
- Showcase women leaders in your company who are driving contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals.
In order to take part in Target Gender Equality, companies are required to be participants of the UN Global Compact or willing to join, and meet the following criteria:
- Committed to learning about corporate target setting and taking actions to increase women’s representation and leadership in business
- Willing to appoint two representatives to participate in programme activities and events and an executive-level “Ambassador” to follow programme developments, provide support and participate in high-level events
- Currently engaged with a Global Compact Local Network or willing to join if required by the Network
The below programme will be rolled out by UN Global Compact Denmark, complemented further optional regional and global engagement opportunities.
- Performance Analysis and aggregate results discussions through the WEPs Gender Gap Analysis Tool.
- Three capacity building workshops:
– Setting Targets & Defining Ambition
– Strategies for Success
– Measuring & Communicating Progress
- An Action Planning Guide will support participants to apply learnings within their company’s context.
- Learning opportunities through the UN Global Compact Academy.
- Multi-stakeholder Action Dialogues to jointly advocate to raise the bar for gender equality
Global Compact Local Networks in the following countries are participating in Target Gender Equality:
- El Salvador
- Republic of Korea
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America