UN Global Compact Regional Meeting: Sustainability Opening Session
Business Sustainability: Perspectives from Denmark and the World
Global Compact Network Denmark is hosting the UN Global Compact’s annual local network conference, where directors and country managers from over 60 countries will meet in Copenhagen.
The conference will open with a session at Den Sorte Diamant on October 4.
At the opening session we will focus on partnerships for a more sustainable world by giving our international colleagues an overview of Denmark’s overall work and priorities, but there will also be presentations from UN Global Compact networks from Brazil, India and Australia that will give insight into issues and focus areas from their parts of the world.
See the full program and list of speakers below
October 4, 2022
08.30 – 11.45 CET
Den Sorte Diamant
Søren Kierkegaards Pl. 1
Closed. Waitlist available.
8.30-9.00: Coffee & Snacks
9.00: Welcome to Denmark
9.10: Sustainability in Denmark:
- Why sustainability is important in economic diplomacy: Lina Gandløse Hansen, State Secretary for Trade and Global Sustainability, Ministry of Foreign affairs
- Implementing the SDGs in parliament: Kirsten Brosbøl, founder 2030 network & CEO 2030 Beyond
- Integrating sustainability into investment: Torben Möger Pedersen, CEO Pension Danmark
- Why sustainable business choose Copenhagen: Asbjørn Overgaard, CEO Copenhagen Capacity
- Accelerating the green transition: Lisa Malmquist Ekstrand, Vice President Sustainability, Vestas
- Decarbonizing Global Logistics: Morten Bo Christiansen, Senior Vice President, Head of Decarbonisation, A.P. Moller – Maersk
Host & Facilitator: Sara Krüger Falk
10.15 – 10.45: Break
10:45: Global perspectives on sustainability: What can we learn from UN Global Compact Networks from around the world?
Local network’s role in leading business stakeholders:
- Carlos Pereira, Executive Director, Global Compact Local Network Brazil
- Ratnesh Jha, Executive Director, Global Compact Local Network India
- Kylie Porter, Executive Director, Global Compact Local Network Australia
Host & Facilitator: Lene Bjørn Serpa, Chair of the Global Compact Network Denmark & Head of Sustainability Maersk
Closing Remarks: Sanda Ojiambo, Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations Global Compact
11:45: Thank you