After the nomination period, two members of the Global Compact Network Denmark’s Secretariat will choose five candidates to be reviewed by an external panel of experts. The SDG Pioneers external reviewer committee will be comprised of representatives from the Global Compact Network Board Members, UN, Government Representatives, Academia, and civil society. The selection group will assess the candidates and choose the Danish winner of the 2019 SDG Pioneers campaign.
The winner will be recognized in Copenhagen in May and will then have the opportunity to be among the UN’s 10 global SDG Pioneers to be recognized during the 2019 UN General Assembly in September in New York.
The Selection Group will vote on the nominees based on a set of five criteria:
- Company success: Has the nominee personally contributed to creating a positive impact on sustainable development while contributing to the company’s overall success?
- SDG Innovations: Has the nominee played a leading role in developing a product, service, or business model that supports sustainable development broadly?
- Awareness and Mobilization: Has the nominee engaged, mobilized, inspired, and rallied colleagues and external stakeholders to support the sustainable development agenda?
- Ten Principles: Has the nominee demonstrated implementation of the Ten Principles in the project/initiative and has the nominee helped apply the Principles more broadly throughout business operations?
- Engagement with the UN Global Compact Network Denmark: Has the nominee collaborated with the local network to advance the SDGs?