SDG Ambition Accelerator
Accelerate the SDGs in a Post-Covid World with SDG Ambition
In spite of the setbacks of the last 18 months, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) along with the 2030 Agenda are still within reach, and provide the right compass for ‘building forward better’. But it will require corporations to take a clear stand and demonstrate bold leadership to transform business models and economies so they become more just and inclusive, leaving no one behind.
SDG Ambition is an accelerator initiative that aims to challenge and support participating companies of the UN Global Compact to set ambitious corporate targets aligned with the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and accelerate integration into core business and performance management. SDG Ambition enables companies to move beyond incremental progress and step-up transformative change – unlocking business value, building business resilience, and enabling long-term growth.
The need for SDG Ambition today is clear. The world is not delivering progress towards the SDGs at the pace and scale needed. While it is still possible to shift the world towards a 1.5°C trajectory and achieve the SDGs by 2030, it will take urgent, scalable and multi-stakeholder action to dramatically accelerate progress. Companies must take a clear stand and demonstrate bold leadership to transform business models and economies so they become more just and inclusive – leaving no one behind. This is our starting line as we launch SDG Ambition.
Led by the UN Global Compact in partnership with SAP and Accenture, SDG Ambition will empower and equip participating companies of the UN Global Compact to develop and implement innovative business strategies that significantly increase their positive impact on the SDGs. Through the Global Compact Local Networks in 70+ countries, participating companies will assess current performance, identify risk areas, discover new opportunities across business units and functions and take ambitious business action towards achieving the SDGs.
September 30, 2021
This Danish round of SDG Ambition Accelerator is free to join and only for member companies of Global Compact Network Denmark. Applications to join the program are submitted via unglobalcompact.org (see link to the right). You will receive a confirmation once your company has been accepted. Please note that we have a limit of 20 places in the program, and we aim for a good balance between SMEs and large companies.
To see more practical details, please visit our FAQ page.
What you will learn
- How to strategically prioritize actions that will accelerate your company’s contribution to the 2030 Agenda
- How to set targets aligned with absolute benchmarks that today may seem aspirational but are critical to spearhead the transformation of economies and societies
- How to approach sustainability management differently and design new systems integrating the SDGs
- How to build a business case and generate sustainability buy-in from your company
What you will gain
- An understanding of baseline impacts across the business in creating a comprehensive sustainability strategy
- The ability to achieve ambitious goals aimed at galvanizing business action with what is actually required to achieve the SDGs
- An overview of how to integrate and mainstream ambitious sustainability goals across business units by pioneering a performance integration approach that utilizes enabling technologies
- An opportunity to communicate and track progress over time
- The foundational tools and understanding to build a business case
- Insight into industries with an outsized impact on the SDGs
- Ability to develop and share ambitious business actions on the SDGs alongside a diverse group of leaders from numerous corporations
- Certificate demonstrating completion of programme
Get a full overview of what to expect and the programme’s various stages.